Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Google Chrome

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    110
    UTU you lead me to believe by stating "Maybe 64bit Knoppix will work just fine with Chrome" that Knoppix will support 64 bit installers? If it does this would solve my issues. From my testing it will not. Please advise if you know how it will. Thanks greatly.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by itman007 View Post
    UTU you lead me to believe by stating "Maybe 64bit Knoppix will work just fine with Chrome" that Knoppix will support 64 bit installers? If it does this would solve my issues. From my testing it will not. Please advise if you know how it will. Thanks greatly.
    I'm using 64-bit Mint 17.3 Xfce as I write this. Just earlier I installed what appears to be an amd64 version of Chromium which seems to be
    in working order, although I've not connected to Google with it. I'm presuming the same might be done with a 64-bit Knoppix 7.

    It's not clear to me why Chrome would be absolutely essential to your effort, and I think 64-bit Mint 17.3 plus its Chromium might serve
    just as well.
    If you have a 64-bit Knoppix 7 you might see if it also has a 64-bit Chromium to try out.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by utu View Post
    If you have a 64-bit Knoppix 7 ...
    Knoppix 7.6.1 and Knoppix 7.7 both work with either 32-bit or 64-bit kernels.
    The knoppix cheat code at boot gives you 32-bit; the cheatcode knoppix64 gives you 64-bit.
    With 7.7, Knoppix automatically recognizes a 64-bit cpu and provides 64-bit, unless you change the boot script.

    Knoppix 7.6 & 7.7 are equipped to provide 64-bit support for UEFI and memory purposes, but not necessarily
    64-bit support for all applications. I suspect the same it true for Mint 17/18 for which there are different isos for 32-bit & 64-bit.

    I'm hoping that this limited 64-bit capability of Knoppix or Mint is adequate to provide all the 64-bit support
    that either Chrome or Chromium require. I think its possible that this may turn out to be nothing more than
    a UEFI support requirement.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    110
    Ive also just tested the force boot of 64bit knoppix, I changed the kernel command from booting vmlinuz to vmlinuz-4-4-0-64 Now when give the arch command I get x86_64 rather than i686 Yet once again when I attempt to install Chrome I get the error processing package amd64 does not match system 1386

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter picture

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter

$225.00



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server picture

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server

$689.00



Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI picture

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI

$525.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99