use boot cheat code tz=America/Vancouver
I Installed Knoppix 8.1 on Hard drive.
There is an issue with the Time setting.
Here is what I found out so far:
a) The BIOS of my MSI motherboard is set to universal time UTC.
b) In /etc/adjtime I find
'0.000000 1177000000 0.000000
1177000000
UTC'
c) After setting my time zone via ---> Preferences ---> Date and Time to 'America/Vancouver
I checked /etc/timezone and found the right entry - America/Vancouver - and the right time appears in the panel.
After each restart/reboot of the computer, /etc/timezone is overwritten with 'localtime'
and I have to set the timezone new as I did before.
What can I do to have the /etc/timezone entry permanent?
use boot cheat code tz=America/Vancouver
I have a multi system configuration - Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 10.
I installed Knoppix and I have to select the system I want to use from a grub.conf. menu which comes up after start.
Where do I have the access to enter the cheat code for Knoppix?
Here is the entry for Knoppix boot in my grub.cfg. Where would I have to enter the code 'tz-America/Vancouver?
PHP Code:menuentry 'Debian GNU/Linux (buster/sid) (on /dev/sdc1)' --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-simple-d3e1c0de-0517-45d5-b1a8-518122a550b8' {
insmod part_msdos
insmod reiserfs
set root='hd2,msdos1'
if [ x$feature_platform_search_hint = xy ]; then
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root --hint-bios=hd2,msdos1 --hint-efi=hd2,msdos1 --hint-baremetal=ahci2,msdos1 d3e1c0de-0517-45d5-b1a8-518122a550b8
else
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root d3e1c0de-0517-45d5-b1a8-518122a550b8
fi
linux /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/sdc1 rootwait lang= apm=power-off nomce libata.force=noncq tz=localtime loglevel=1 lang=en apm=power-off initrd=minirt.gz nomce hpsa.hpsa_allow_any=1 loglevel=1 rw
}
linux /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/sdc1 rootwait lang= apm=power-off nomce libata.force=noncq tz=localtimeI guess this would be the line where I have to replace tz=localtime to ---> tz=America/Vancouver ?
I guess this would be the line where I have to replace tz=localtime to
---> tz=America/Vancouver ?Yes exactly, that's the line....it works probably for all cheat codes...Great feature...This might be my main Linux OS from now on!
Thank you fredvej for the hint...Issue [SOLVED]
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I also had to change timezone in
-> Root/boot/grub the menu.lst
(when running Knoppix)default 0timeout 30
color cyan/blue white/blue
title KNOPPIX
root (hd2,0)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/sdc1 rootwait lang= apm=power-off nomce libata.force=noncq tz=America/Vancouver loglevel=1 lang=en apm=power-off initrd=minirt.gz nomce hpsa.hpsa_allow_any=1 loglevel=1 rw

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
AddOn 10Gbs Dual Open SFP+ Port PCIe 2.0 x8 Network Interface Card w/PXE boot
$383.99
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$20.70
Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99